On October 24th Sirris is organizing in Belgium an industrial seminar on the opportunities and challenges related to fleet-based data exploration. During this event Belgian as well as other European industrial partners from the MANTIS project will present their experience with fleet-based analytics (based on use-cases from the MANTIS project).
Many companies operate a fleet of machines that have a similar, almost identical behaviour in terms of internal operation, application and usage, such as for example windmills, compressors and professional vehicles. This set of almost identical machines is defined as ‘a fleet’.
In addition, more and more, those machines are equipped with several (smart) sensors, that can capture data on operational temperature, vibrations, pressure and many other features, depending on the machine. In addition, the communication and data storage technologies are becoming ubiquitous, making it possible to gather the data in a central platform and derive insights into normal and anomalous behaviour across the entire fleet of machines. By comparing for example the behaviour of a single machine to the rest of the fleet, one can identify if a machine is underperforming due to misconfiguration or imminent failure. The analysis of this data can also help service and maintenance personnel to have a more detailed and optimised maintenance planning, e.g. ensuring an optimal distribution of the entire fleet in terms of remaining useful life, in order to manage the work load of the service engineers. Therefore, the exploitation of the data collected on a fleet of machines is a real asset for maintenance and service personnel and, at a larger scale, for an entire company.
You are interested in this event? Check out the event’s agenda and register here
13:00 – 13:15: Registration and coffee
13:15 – 13:30: Setting the scene (Sirris)
13:30 – 14:30: MANTIS project: Cyber Physical System based Proactive Collaborative Maintenance
- Project goals and challenges by Sirris
- Fagor use case (press machines) – title to be announced
- Philips use case (shaver manufacturing) – title to be announced
14:30 – 15:30: Root cause analysis
- Barco – Vitriol: let open source data science talk quality and business at Barco Projection
- 3E – Data-driven Fault Detection for Photovoltaic Plants: Data Quality, Common Faults and Data Annotation
- Atlas Copco – SMARTLINK & root-cause analysis on compressors worldwide to improve on operational efficiency
15:30 – 15:50: Coffee break
15:50 – 17:10: Failure prediction & Operational optimisation
- Barco – LightLease Predicting Lamp Behaviour in Digital Cinema
- Ilias – Towards Predictive Vehicle Fleet Management
- Maintenance Partners – Performance optimisation and failure prediction of wind turbines
- Pepite – Analytics for operational optimisation
17:10 – 17:30: Closing remarks (Sirris)
17:30 – Networking reception